[OS X Emacs] Can't Make Doc-View Work

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 10 04:33:26 EST 2010

Am 10.03.2010 um 00:00 schrieb John Mark Swafford:

> I've been struggling with Doc-View mode and getting it to open
> and .pdf or
> .dvi file appropriately. I'm running OS X 10.5 with Carbon Emacs
> 23.1.90. I
> can open .dvi and .pdf files, but all I see is the image's code.

Do you see the string "DocView" appear in mode-line? Does the view
switch when you type C-c C-c? Did you try to use Doc-view in an Emacs
you launched with -q, i.e., with no personal configuration?

For me it works on Mac OS X 10.5.8 PPC with GNU Emacs 23.1.90
(although I switched off initial doc-view-mode for some file types).
With "Carbon Emacs 23.1.90" you probably mean the "AppKit Emacs" by
YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu, don't you? It's not meant for productive use (for
me it swallows the first ESC or C-x so that I would have to type them
twice).

--
Greetings

   Pete

Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.