[OS X Emacs] Problems with org-mode

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 23:19:33 EST 2010

On Nov 11, 2010, at 7:33 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:

> 2.  I have TRIED not to use auto faces, but I find that when I un-choose
> the auto-faces check box (1) aquamacs does NOT prompt me to save options
> (2) if I quit and restart the auto-faces check box comes back.

That's unfortunate, and I'll look into it.
Does turning off autofaces mode actually help?

If it does, you should be able to turn it off by adding

(aquamacs-autoface-mode 0)

to your ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/Preferences.el file.

> I have tried reading the manual about Aquamacs auto-faces and I confess
> to not understanding at all how it relates to the standard emacs faces.
> Is there some explanation of this somewhere that might help me grok it?
> I also confess that I find emacs faces already more than sufficiently
> confusing, without adding anything further to the mix! ;-)

auto-faces defines some default faces specific to major modes, for instance in order to provide monospaced fonts for programming modes.
It uses an Emacs mechanism (`face-remapping-alist') to replace the default faces in a buffer with the default face assigned for the mode.

The mode-specific default faces are always named after the major mode.  For instance, org-mode will have a face called `org-mode-default'.

I'd like to stress that this only affects the default face.  Other faces defined by the major mode (e.g., syntax highlighting = "font-locking") should not be affected.

It works for me, by the way.  "DONE" is green.