[OS X Emacs] W3 mode in aquamacs

Alexander Poslavsky alexander.poslavsky at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 17:36:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:

> On 10/13/10 Oct 13 -9:56 PM, Jeff Horn wrote:
> > I found getting w3 to work was extremely troublesome on my machine. It
> > could have been user error.
>
> <snip>

> It was great to get this to work, since I use org-mode extensively, and
> none of the "stuff URLs into org-mode from browser" (org-protocol)
> methods work on Mac OSX, AFAICT.

actually, it is incredibly simple to put stuff into org from any browser,
just use one of the org-mac-* functions in combin
ations  with something like quicksilver, or jump to aquamacs/emacs and run
for example org-mac-firefox-insert-frontmost-url from there, which is what I
do, or create a template for it. There are functions for firefox, chrome,
finder, addressbook, safari and others.

bye!
Alex