[OS X Emacs] getting skim to work as default viewer

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Oct 22 16:31:44 EDT 2010

Am 22.10.2010 um 21:04 schrieb Christopher Menzel:

> Am I to understand that I need to go in and make those changes to
> tex.el?  And then select the "Skim" option for "output pdf" under
> "Tex View Program Selection"?  I have tried doing the latter only,
> and now Ctrl-c Ctrl-c brings up the View command '(aquamacs-call-
> viewer 27 "worlds.tex")' -- needless to say, it doesn't do
> anything.  So apparently I do need to make the changes in question
> to tex.el, but somehow it seems to me that things should indeed be
> easier.

The recommended way is to customise AUCTeX. And then I recommend to
use texdoc as document viewer. Once it is configured to use a
particular application for a particular file type, you can use

	"texdoc --just-view %o"

and it also works for looking up or searching TeX documentation...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Mac OS X is like a wigwam: no fences, no gates, but an apache inside.