[OS X Emacs] desktop-save doesn't save tabs?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 19:37:16 EST 2011

Tom,

On Oct 27, 2011, at 3:13 PM, Tom McCormick wrote:

> I've become addicted to using tabs, but find it annoying that desktop-save does not restore my carefully tended tabs when I restart and so I have to tediously re-create them.  Is there some trick to this that I am missing?

I've just tried this out and found that I could restore tabs just fine, although I had to call `desktop-read' giving the path of the directory where I had stored the desktop file.  The interface to this desktop package seems impractical at best.

To restore with `desktop-read', I think that `desktop-save' would have to save the desktop file to "~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs".

`desktop-save-mode', enabled via the customization option of that name, seems to do what is advertised.

I'll make this available as menu items along with support for Lion's application restore functionality.