[OS X Emacs] Re: Contents of MacOSX-Emacs digest...

gilberto.c gilberto.c at laposte.net
Wed Feb 15 17:43:15 EST 2012

Here's what I do:

I've created a 'site-lisp' file inside my Aquamacs Application Support directory. I also added to my Preferences.el
file the following:

(setq load-path (cons "/users/g/Library/Application Support/Aquamacs\ Emacs/site-lisp/org/lisp/" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "/users/g/Library/Application Support/Aquamacs\ Emacs/site-lisp/org/contrib/lisp/"
load-path))

I:
- move the downloaded 'org-7.8.03' file to the mentioned site-lisp directory
- change its name to 'org'
- run the make and sudo make install commands from within this 'org' directory
- reopen Aquamacs
and that's all there is to the installation. It works great.

Every time I download an updated version of org-mode, I do the same and have
no problems whatsoever. Just to be extra sure, I do an M-x 'org-version'.

I don't need to mess with the Makefile or any other file. That's maybe because
I usually use Aquamacs and only seldom use Emacs from the terminal.
I have installed other versions of Emacs, but always go back to Aquamacs.