[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Emacs 2.5 released

Juergen Fenn schneeschmelze at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 19 11:05:13 EDT 2013

2013/6/14 David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com>:
> I have released Aquamacs Emacs 2.5.

First of all, thank you for your hard work, David! I am glad there
still is a recent Emacs distribution available for the Mac.

I have tested the new version of Aquamacs on Mac OS X 10.6.8. It
starts up a bit quicker than version 2.4 on my mid-2007 MacBook and
it's mostly working all right, but there are two problems I would like
to report.

When editing LaTeX documents I cannot search for errors in the source
file in AUCTeX mode. After killing pdflatex in Terminal and switching
back to the Aquamacs window AUCTeX says: "Error occured after last TeX
file was closed." This is why it is not possible to debug TeX files.
Could you change this behaviour back to normal, please? If not, I
would prefer to go back to Aquamacs 2.4.

Also, Help Viewer does not work. It starts up, but it says it cannot
open the help file.

Regards,
Jürgen.