[OS X Emacs] iESS problem with aquamacs 3

M A markoilcan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:46:13 EST 2014

Upon further investigation, I find that I have the same problem in all
buffers and modes I have tried. It appears that to have this behavior the
point needs to be at the end of the buffer (no other characters, including
\n following where the cursor is) and there needs to be a space character
earlier in the line. When these conditions are met (with
global-hl-line-mode), pushing the left arrow keys causes the cursor to jump
to the first space to the left of the cursor (i.e. it moves left one word).

To replicate this:
1. Start aquamacs without customizations.
2. M-x global-hl-line-mode.
3. Type " testing" (note space before the word "testing").
4. Press left arrow key once.
At this point the cursor is to the left of the space character before the
word "testing" instead of before the letter "g".

Thanks.