[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Meta key

Win Treese treese at acm.org
Sat Mar 11 21:01:57 EST 2017

> On Mar 11, 2017, at 8:48 PM, 7stud <7stud at excite.com> wrote:
>
> I spent a week with Aquamacs, and I can't take it anymore; I'm going back to macvim.  I can no longer find the Shift key with my left pinky, so my typing has been thoroughly thrown out of whack.  The fact that copying a line in emacs requires the sequence:
>
> C-a C-SPACE C-n M-w C-y
>
> pretty much closed the deal for me.

Sorry to hear you’re that frustrated with it, but definitely use the software that works best for you. I don’t think it’s helpful to insult the people who contribute to Emacs and Aquamacs about their choices.

In case, it’s helpful, an easier way to copy a line is:

C-a C-k C-y

because C-k kills the line.

If you need to copy a line a lot, and the above is too much to do, it’s possible to define a function and a key binding that does that.

Best,
Win