[OS X Emacs] [aquamacs-devel] Aquamacs 3.5 coming soon -- test now

Win Treese treese at acm.org
Fri Aug 2 14:37:41 EDT 2019

> On Aug 2, 2019, at 2:17 AM, David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Win, and everyone,
>
> There will be a bit of a delay with this as we need to find out what’s causing a crash when you go full-screen and then close the frame (Command-W).
> I have applied a patch dated 10/7/2017 (by A. Third) but that caused more, strange effects.
>
> If someone figures this one out, that would be amazing!

I added this to the bug report (https://github.com/davidswelt/aquamacs-emacs/issues/160 <https://github.com/davidswelt/aquamacs-emacs/issues/160>):

Was the patch from Emacs bug #26323 <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26323>? There's a follow-up discussion bug#26323: 25.1; Closing frames (in fullscreen) under Mac OS cause immediate crash <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-03/msg00546.html>.

I tried a simple build using the suggested compiler flag, but no joy. It looks like there are enough changes that have happened in the NS code that the most straightforward path is to look at this again after merging more recent core Emacs code, whether that's up through the latest Emacs 25.x or on to 26.

Should we continue any technical discussion about it there or on the list(s)?

 - Win