[OS X Emacs] aquamacs interacting incorrectly with git (and .org site not working)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Mar 3 15:34:48 EST 2019

Am 03.03.2019 um 20:09 schrieb David Romano:

> As expected, running `git commit --amend` opened a new Aquamacs
> window, but
> the altered commit message doesn't register, and similarly, rebasing
> doesn't seem to work either.  Is there a setting I might be missing?

Do you know emacsclient and the command server-start inside Emacs?
With that "server" started inside a mostly running Emacs instance
emacsclient sends files (or commands or Lisp code) to a special in
Emacs opening buffer. By closing this buffer (and inherently removing
it from the running Emacs) the altered contents should habe been sent
to GIT or whatever used emacsclient. The running Emacs usually handles
files and would save a buffer's contents to disk, but emacsclient
should transfer texts in both direction as a kind of proxy or go-
between.

I remember that I performed such things on UNIX systems ten or more
years ago…

--
Greetings

   Pete

A lot of us are working harder than we want, at things we don't like
to do. Why? ...In order to afford the sort of existence we don't care
to live.
				– Bradford Angier