[OS X Emacs] [SPAM] Aquamacs 3.5 problems; error in Aquamacs FAQ

John Hosack hosack410 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 15:24:01 EDT 2020

Hello,

I have recenly started using Aquamacs  3.5 on MacOS 10.15.4 after
using Aquamacs for many years on earlier versions of MacOS.
There are several problems.
(1) I want to save my Options/Appearance/font for future invocations
(restart) of Aquamacs.  The Aquamacs Faq (2020 Feb 18) under
"Changing the current and default font"  states: "To make the
current frame’s font the default for all files of this type, select
Options → Appearance → Adopt Face and Frame Parameters as Default".
There is no "Adopt Face and Frame Parameters as Default".  There is an
"Auto Faces" option, but it is not clear which (if any) of the choices
under Auto Faces is relevant.  I tried some, but upon Aquamacs
restart the old font was used. So, how do I save the options for
Aquamacs restarts?

(2) Drop down menus do not work correctly. In the  list
"Aquamacs File Options Tools Window Help"  all except
"Aquamacs" usually require a second mouse-down to drop
the menu. A double click usually works; a mouse-over usually
does not work.

(3) Flyspell  does not open properly. When flyspell starts
(in text mode, etc) I get:
'Error in post-command hook (flyspell-post-command-hook):
(Error "Buffer untitled has no process")'

Any help with these would be appreciated. Or, as a last resort,
a link to download Aquamacs 3.4.

Thanks,
John