[OS X Emacs] Another problem with updating packages. AucTeX

Elliott Roper elliott at yrl.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 18:56:46 EST 2020

> On 25 Nov 2020, at 22:51, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:
>

>> Am 25.11.2020 um 22:36 schrieb Elliott Roper <elliott at yrl.co.uk>:
>>
>> Is deleting and re-installing TeX Live and Aquamacs necessary and sufficient?
>
> I don't think so. Can't you install up-to-date AUCTeX by means of MacPorts, Fink, Homebrew? ELPA seems to rely on the faulty signature. And will fail as long as it's unusable. I'd contact the maintainer of the AUCTeX site… (Maybe the public key has not been made public?)

Thanks Pete. Which of those is most likely to get rid of the old AucTeX which is unresponsive  to M-x list-packages delete and upgrade actions. I previously had Homebrew make a mess of my fonts.

If re-installing TeX Live and Aquamacs IS sufficient, then I'm inclined to go that route. It is only computer time, and it might have the advantage of cleaning out other mistakes I have made.

Elliott Roper
+44 7454 402200 mobile, facetime
01663 747334 UK landline