[OS X Emacs] How to get flyspell to check spelling as I type?

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 16:36:07 EDT 2021

Hi,

I also find, quite often, that in Aquamacs automatic spelling while typing,
i.e., flyspell, doesn't underline obviously misspelled words. And, when I
would notice that, I would check the spelling of the suspected misspelling
x, by using, while pointer over x:

Esc $, i.e., on Swedish keyboard: Esc alt+ €

Aquamacs would tell me: X is correct
But, actually, it would be incorrect. I do not set anything in .emacs or
similar files. I have set Fly by what you suggest:
Aquamace (Menu) > Edit > Check Spelling While Typing (in this buffer)

E.g., right now: with en_GB, I type:
menue
Esc $, i.e., on Swedish keyboard: Esc alt+ €
MENUE is correct
But, if I check in  Mac's Dictionary program, selecting British English:
menue doesn't show up. And Google underlines it as misspelled.

I've tried two of the available spelling dictionaries:
en and en_GB

I used to be able to see easily in Aquamacs, which is the spelling
dictionary, but now, I can't: it was an additional top bar of Aquamacs,
e.g., something like:
... dict: sv -- prog: NSSpellChecker
If somebody knows how to get this bar, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Roussanka