[OS X Emacs] backwards search with aquamacs and Skim

Win Treese treese at acm.org
Sun Jun 4 22:02:06 EDT 2023

Here are a couple of things to check:

1. In the Skim preferences for sync? What does it show? Mine has the Aquamacs default, with
	Command: emacsclient
	Arguments: —no-wait +%line “%file”

2. With the Aquamacs default, your PATH needs to include the directory with emacsclient. These days it’s easiest to use
	/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin
(for a standard installation).

The Aquamacs “Install command line tools” is fragile with various changes in Mac OS, so it may or may not do something useful.

Does that help?

- Win