[Mac OS X TeX] ae fonts vs ze fonts (OT)

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Thu Nov 22 04:53:53 EST 2001

> Yes, indeed, there are now ec scalable free fonts (pfb format, made
> with tex-trace) :
>
> tex-archive/fonts/ps-type1/cm-super

That's good news indeed! Does anybody know about the relative merits of
the two implementations available on CTAN:

tex-archive/fonts/ps-type1/cm-super
tex-archive/fonts/ps-type1/ec

(The README file of the second implementation says it was done with
TeXtrace by the author of TeXtrace, the README file of the first
implementation mentions use of TeXtrace and additional hinting with
FontLab.)

By the way, I just noticed on CTAN that errors in the BSR/Y&Y PostScript
versions of some CM fonts have recently been corrected. From the README
file: "An error in the PostScript code for the lasy*, line* and lcircle*
fonts was corrected in June 2001". On CTAN the updated fonts reside in:

tex-archive/fonts/cm/ps-type1/bluesky/pfb

In teTeX the original fonts reside in:

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm

Cheers,

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.