[Mac OS X TeX] Font question

Cyrill RŸttimann ruettimac at dplanet.ch
Sun Nov 4 17:44:12 EST 2001

<x-flowed>Dear all,

I have now found a receipe to install ps1 fonts to LaTeX. They are
talking about *.pfb files. Am I right, that these files are simply the
ps1 fonts in the fonts folder of MacOS? I downloaded a font from ITC and
they include the .afm and the ps1 file, so I thought that this ps1 file
is the .pfb file others are talking about. Do I get this file extension
on UNIX and Windows?

I am not sure, because I can vi those *.pfb in the teTeX distribution
and the ps1 fonts out of my fonts folder of MacOS I can not edit with vi.

Thanks,

Regards

Cyrill

"help" (no quotes) in the body.