[OS X TeX] Slowdown in mac-emacs?

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 09:06:18 EST 2002

On March 8, Mark Guzdial writes:
> I deal with the slowdown by editing Enrico's loadup.el file.  If you
> turn off all the BibCite things, the speed increases back to normal.
> I didn't notice the slowdown at first because I was editing a file
> that had no bibliography.  I noticed the slowdown later when I was
> editing something with a bazillion citations.

I'll try to go into the details of bibcite this weekend. It seems to
me that just turning it off is a bit radical solution :-)
Bibcite is a very valuable package that is worthwhile keeping. So, I
hope to find a better workaround.
Thanks for pointing this out!

BTW: can you send me your file with a bazillion citations so that I
can test with it?

cheers
-- e.

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
University of Manchester            - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/
Department of Computer Science      - Phone: +44 (161) 275 6170
Manchester M13 9PL, UK              - Fax:   +44 (161) 275 6204

"help" (no quotes) in the body.