[OS X TeX] How to Insert Graphics Using TeXShop?

Zachary Davis zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Sun Mar 10 21:07:20 EST 2002

where do you type \usepackage{graphicx} within the sourcefile?  Can it
go anywhere, so long as it's placed before you need issue the
\includegraphics statement?

Thanks,

On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 07:53 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On 3/10/02 8:48 PM, "Zachary Davis" <zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu> wrote:
>
>> I've never tried including a graph in one of my documents, and I'm
>> running into some trouble doing so using TeXShop.  I have created a
>> plot
>> using gnuplot, and have converted the image to an .eps file using
>> GraphicConverter.  Then, I placed this .eps file in the same directory
>> as my LaTeX source file--the one which I want to include this graph.  I
>> have issued the command \includegraphics{filename.eps} in this source
>> file; however, I get an error in the console which says this control
>> sequence is undefined.  Is there something else I need to include in my
>> source file, or is the .eps file in the wrong directory?  Any help
>> would
>> be appreciated.
>
> Have you loaded the graphicx package using \usepackage{graphicx} ???
>
> In addition, since you are using .eps files, be sure to typeset using
> TeX +
> Ghostscript instead of pdftex.
>
> Good luck,
>
> -- Gary L. Gray

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.

Zachary S. Davis
Department of Aerospace Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19032
Arlington, TX 76019

Home:    (817) 272-6418            zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Office:    (817) 272-5269

          “Genius, that power that dazzles mortal eyes,
	  is oft but perseverance in disguise."

			--Henry Willard Austin
"help" (no quotes) in the body.