[OS X TeX] iTeXMac icons and TeXShop

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at mac.com
Wed Mar 13 09:25:07 EST 2002

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 09:02  AM, jerome LAURENS wrote:

> Le mardi 12 mars 2002, à 12:03 AM, Bruce D'Arcus a écrit :
>
>> I am going to SCREAM!!!  I thought your suggestion worked Michael, but
>> it didn't.  I have tried everything, and nothing solves the problem
>> (deleting the LS pref files not once, but like five times, and
>> deleting every possible file associated with iTeXMac).
>>
>> Any suggestions on where the problem lies?  Is there something about
>> how TeXShop writes files that would leave it prone to this?  I note
>> that the files in question have the following creator codes:  TeXs 54
>> 65 58 73.  The type code is TEXT 54 45 58 54.
>>

> Don't know if it helps but
> iTeXMac creator code is iTMx, all files saved by iTeXMac have type TEXT
> and no creator :???? with
> unchanged other attributes.
> Is iTeXMac listed in the list of applications in the information panel
> of a .tex file? If it is the case, you might have left some iTeXMac
> file somewhere or LS is buggy.

Hi Jermone,

I did a search with Sherlock, and it's saying there are no files with
the iTMx creator code on my system.  Also, iTM does not show up in the
list of possible apps in the get info.

What's so incredibly strange is that the behavior continues even if I
delete the LS files, and even if I create a new user!!

I talked to someone who suggested deleting everything relating to TS or
iTM, and then reinstalling TS...

Bruce

"help" (no quotes) in the body.