[OS X TeX] Fwd: Unwanted files have which extensions?

Josep M.Font pepf54 at tiscali.es
Mon Aug 16 14:54:19 EDT 2004

El 16 ago 2004, a las 12:41, Will Robertson escribió:

> I've written a "Clean Up" TeXShop macro which deletes every file that
> is `unwanted' in the folder of the current TeX document. I've defined
> unwanted files as those with extensions as any of the following:
>
>  {"aux", "bbl", "blg", "brf", "lof", "log", "lot", "pdfsync", "toc"}
>
> I'm looking to supplement the list, as I know I've missed many out
> (e.g. for indexes, especially). Can anyone suggest more?
>
> When I've got them all, I'll post the macro to the list, of course.

I have three suggestions related to this issue:

1) I suppose it will be easy to customize the list of extensions in the
list, e.g., sometimes I will want to keep the "bbl" file but trash the
rest.

2) It would be nice to integrate this into the program itself, in the
sense that the list of extensions to be removed be customizable in the
Preferences of TeXShop.

3) A suggestion for the design of TeXShop: Make all the "related" files
accessible within TeXShop itself. I.e., now you can access your
"file.tex" and "file.pdf" from the bottom section of the Window menu.
If you are dealing with several files at the same time, this becomes a
bit cluttered, but nevertheless you can only access the source and the
pdf. I would thus suggest that each main file writes a single entry in
the Window menu, and that all the related files appear in a submenu, to
the left. And even more, I would also suggest a different scheme of key
equivalent for this, instead of the command-1 to jump back-and-forth
between source and pdf. For instance, using the control key plus an
alphabetic modifier: ctrl + : s for source, p for pdf, c for console, a
for aux, b for bbl, l for log, i for ind, t for toc... and
user-customizable, too.

JMaF

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>