[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package released

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Dec 29 04:55:48 EST 2004

Am 29.12.2004 um 02:32 schrieb Aaron Jackson:

> TEXPSHEADERS            =
> .;$TEXMF/{fonts/{enc,map,type1,truetype},dvips,pdftex,tex}//;$TEXMF/
> {etex,tex,pdftex,dvips,fonts/type1}//
> TEXFONTMAPS             =
> .;$TEXMF/{fonts/map//,fontname};$TEXMF/{pdftex,dvips}/config;$TEXMF/
> {pdftex,dvips}//

I let GNU Emacs make the comparison. It says: they're 100% the same!
This can mean that the new pdftex binary does not use TEXPSHEADERS or
TEXFONTMAPS. One workaround could be that you create symlinks in that
directory in the ~/Library/texmf tree where your (La)TeX files are; a
simple 'ln -s
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/enc/dvips/psnfss/8r.enc' or ln
-s
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/
pdftex_ndl14.map pdftex.map' would suffice. So you would have after
some time all missing files in a place where pdftex has to look for.
This would be the test whether pdftex (finds and) reads the files at
all. You would have to remember to remove them when everything's
working as supposed to ...

>> I think of going to bed the next 10 or 15 minutes ...
>
> Hey, it's only 5:31pm :-)

The early worm catches the bird!

--
Greetings