[OS X TeX] footnoting in a tabular

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Sun Jul 11 01:01:47 EDT 2004

I asked because:

The Companion2ed is not quite light reading, at least for the beginner
I am, and it is easy to miss something.
The Guide p95 mentions that "The footnote command may only be given
within the normal paragraph mode, and not within math or LR modes."

Neither or them came outright saying, as the FAQ (which I have now
bookmarked) does,
	The standard LaTeX \footnote command doesn't work in tables; the table
traps the footnotes and they can't escape to the bottom of the page.
and the minipage solution seemed a bit of an overkill …

To appear less grumpy myself, let me say that I deeply appreciate the
help that you have provided to me. (However, I regret having to say
that you vastly overestimated my current programming abilities and
that, after spending an hour or so fiddling with SubEthaEdit, etc and
reg. exp., I decided that, for the time being, it was more "time
efficient" for me to do the Hamiltons by hand, which I did dreaming I
could do reg. exp. … Knowing it was not a trivial issue helped me
endure.)

I will study your example tomorrow.

Grateful regards
--schremmer