[OS X TeX] Newer Latin Modern

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Mon May 24 02:24:13 EDT 2004

On 24 May 2004, at 14:49, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> I will update the TeX package soon, and I also have a new conversion
> producing less font families. So this is good news.

Are you simply dropping some of the fonts you're converting, or have
you found a better way of doing things? I must admit I haven't looked
into the whole thing since the end of last year, until today.

I started to look at the Adobe FDK, but I got stuck because they
haven't been updated for Panther --- and using the current ones means
installing an old version of python, which failed for some reason. Too
much work for me, since they'll be updated in a few months. I am hoping
that their tools can encode optical scaling into a font file, because I
*think* opentype can handle that.

> Question: where is the official download site. Are they on CTAN
> already?

Yep. There is no official site as far as I am aware, the closest being
<http://pc52.ifw.ing.tu-bs.de/~harders/latex/lmodern.html>

Regards,