[OS X TeX] Newer Latin Modern

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon May 24 09:05:38 EDT 2004

> On 24 May 2004, at 14:49, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> I will update the TeX package soon, and I also have a new conversion
>> producing less font families. So this is good news.
>
> Are you simply dropping some of the fonts you're converting, or have
> you found a better way of doing things? I must admit I haven't looked
> into the whole thing since the end of last year, until today.

I kept pestering (pestering is my job, I never do anything myself... ;-)
George Williams and he suddenly had the flash of insight on how this is to
be done. It means that you get less families (not a separate family for a
slanted version if there already is an italics and so forth). It needs a
newer FontForge (formerly PfaEdit.

I am thinking about the 'family per desighn size' thing. I currently
produce a family per design size, but maybe I should fold the design size
in the family just as I do with the other variants. Probably cleaner. Yes,
I think I'll do it that way.