[OS X TeX] Bibtex paths

Giulio Cozzi cozzig at unive.it
Mon May 24 04:34:02 EDT 2004

Dear All,
after many attempts to understand how to set bibtex to search for my personal bst files, I need the help of TeX gurus.
As suggested in the G. Wierda TeX web site I've put these files in the following directory :~/Library/texmf/tex/bibtex/bst/. Then I've tried to run bibtex as usual but every time I do this I get an error:
 "The top-level auxiliary file: test.aux
I couldn't open style file jem.bst
---line 14 of file test.aux
 : \bibstyle{jem
 :              }"
 I've tried to run texhash as root to refresh the TeX folders content but without positive results. I've also run kpsewhich to see if the local paths are recognized and in fact they are but it seems only for the .tex,.sty files.
Could you help me to understand this problem ?
Thanks for help me.

Giulio
Giulio Cozzi                            	 ++39 041 2348935   (voice)
Environmental Sciences Dep.            	++39 041 2348549   (fax)
University of Venice                    	cozzig at unive.it    (e-mail)
Calle Larga S. Marta, 2137
I-30123 Venice
ITALY