[OS X TeX] latex + mySQL

Ingo Reich ireich at mac.com
Mon Oct 24 18:48:36 EDT 2005

Hi,
not long ago I mentioned "latexdb" on this list as a tool to connect
to a mySQL-database from within a latex-document (which is quite
handy for lots of things like printing address lists, serial letters
and so on). Now it seems that "latexdb" gets in trouble, if the
document 'to be looped over' is a bit more complex. -- But
nevertheless I like the idea of having my data stored in a mySQL
database and to be able to retrieve it from within a latex file. So
my question is: Is there any alternative? (I already had a look at
the KOMA-Script, but it doesn't seem to be flexible enough.) A more
indirect way to get the same result could be to 1.) write the data
into a bibtex-like file (something like \entry{ \firstname={Donald},
\surname{Knuth}}, \entry{\firstname={Alan},\surname{Hoenig}}, ... ),
2.) input the file, 3.) and loop over "........ \firstname
\surname ...........", though I've got no idea how this would look
like in detail. Any ideas?
Thanks, Ingo