[OS X TeX] TeXShop and footbib

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 24 20:14:58 EDT 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 6:51 PM, Jeffrey Roland wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  Herb's (below) seemed the
> most straightforward, so that's the one I tried first (up to making
> the Footbib engine).  Now I'm getting a TeXShop error message that
> says "Can't find the required tool. Users/jeff/ TeXShop/Engines/
> Footbib.engine does not have the executable bit set." How do I fix
> this?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jeff Roland

Howdy,

That's why I suggested making a copy of one of the files that were
already there! The executable bit is already set for those. OK... now
you've got go into Terminal and

cd ~/Library/TexShop/Engines/
chmod 755 FootBib.engine

and you've done the job. Hopefully it will work then.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)