[OS X TeX] Unwanted blank page

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 2 15:55:24 EST 2006

On 2 Jan 2006, at 21:45, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> The only remaining problem is that I keep getting an "almost" blank
> page if front of each included "set of exercises" in that there is
> just the "MATH 016 HomeWork For Lesson #17" heading on the HomeWork
> file and the included "set of exercises" starts on the next page
> thus leaving a huge expanse of blank space on the first page.

I haven't followed all of the discussion*, however, you are aware
that the standard \include command will always start on a new
righthand page? That is the standard \include command, not your
renewed version I quoted in the footnote, which frankly doesn't make
sense to me at all.

The \input command allows you to insert the contents of a document
without messing with page breaks. \includeonly doesn't work with that
though. The whole reason to start an \include on a new page _is_ the
\includeonly business, but I digress. \include is _only_ meant for
chapters, where you probably _want_ to start on a new page.

Maarten

* one thing I did notice was a \renewcommand{\include}[1][]{\url} in
the main file, which I really don't understand, but I guess you have
your reasons to do that.