[OS X TeX] Bibdesk preview fails

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jan 27 21:20:56 EST 2006

On Jan 27, 2006, at 8:01 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> Make sure your Preview encoding and accented character conversion
> prefs are set correctly.  If you're using Tiger, the actual TeX run
> files are probably in a subdirectory of /var/tmp/folders.501/
> TemporaryItems (look for the one with the most recent creation
> date).  On Panther, I don't recall where the files end up, but it's
> somewhere under /tmp or /var/tmp.
>
> -- Adam

Howdy,

As an aside... Whenever files are left in a subdirectory of /var/tmp/
folder.UID/TemporaryItems I find them in the trash the next time I
boot. Is a program supposed to clean up after itself in the
directory? Given that it's a temp directory why doesn't the OS just
clean it out (like other temp directories) when the system boots? Is
this an OS X 10.4.x bug?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)