[OS X TeX] OmniOutliner Pro export to (La)TeX?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at iwu.edu
Mon Jul 10 10:30:13 EDT 2006

Hi Stephen,
On Jul 10, 2006, at 6:48 AM, Stephen Anderson wrote:
> Obviously, the feature I wanted (and bought it for) has never
> materialized.  Apart from making sure I don't buy software on spec
> in the future, though, is there anything I can do?  I believe there
> was a plugin for an earlier version of OmniOutliner that was
> written by someone else, and never updated, but I don't know
> whether some other way of exporting to LaTeX has appeared in the
> meantime.
> Any ideas?  Thanks,

First of all, I guess you could try contacting the author of that
plugin, or the Omni people if you can't locate the author, and ask
him/them about the status of the plugin.

As far as getting a working solution goes, what I have done in cases
like that is export the outline as a plain text format, making it as
close as possible to Markdown's (http://daringfireball.net/projects/
markdown/) way of dealing with lists. Then using one of the
MultiMarkdown (http://fletcher.freeshell.org/wiki/MultiMarkdown)
exporters you can get a reasonable LaTeX result, I think. Depending
on what text editor you use this last step may or may not be easy.

A third option is to write/get someone to write a simple converter/
XSLT transformation, that would take the OPML output (one of the
options for saving the OOP document) and convert it to LaTeX. This
should be an easy task for anyone with XSLT knowledge, or with some
scripting language knowledge. I may take a stab at it myself, but it
won't be for a couple of weeks probably. If you are not in a hurry,
send me a template of OOP input and desired LaTeX output, and I'll
see what I can do when I have some time.
> --
> Steve Anderson

Haris