[OS X TeX] Re: 10.4.7, dvipdf, Preview, and mangled math

overdog.ldn at gmail.com overdog.ldn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 04:15:13 EDT 2006

Hello list,

I should withdraw my question, below. I have just done what I said I
didn't want to do --- install another teTeX package (Gerben Wierda's
package, in this case) --- and the problem seems to have gone away
after a cursory glance. Along the way I have also rebooted my
computer (I don't often do that).

Interestingly, the build of my document now seems to work properly no
matter which package I use (the fink package or the newly installed
one).

Perhaps it was something that sorted itself out on rebooting, but I
rather wish I had tried that a couple of days ago. Perhaps Preview
relies on something that's loaded at boot-time and became corrupted?
Scary. I tried quitting and re-starting Preview a number of times
before embarking on this latest attempt to fix things.

Anyway it seems like one way or another I will be able to get a
useable PDF out of at least one, and probably both, of my latex
installs.

Many thanks to the very kind people who offered assistance both on-
and off-list.