[OS X TeX] key combination: apple + r ?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Apr 13 15:44:30 EDT 2007

Le 13 avr. 07 à 20:53, Jung-Tsung Shen a écrit :

> I was typing a manuscript on TeXShop, and accidentally pressed the key
> combination, apple + r, instead of apple + t. Then on the editor menu,
> a ruler and some buttons showed up, which I had never seen before. I
> quickly checked all the drop-down menu, but didn't find this apple + r
> key combination. Does someone know what it is for? A ruler in a tex
> editor seems not to be of much use ...

Cmd-R corresponds to Format > Text > Show Ruler. The keyboard
shortcut doesn't appear for some reason in the English version of
TeXShop, but it does appear in the French version. Odd!

Generally TeXShop's editor looks and works a lot like TextEdit, where
you'll find Cmd-R at Format > Text > Show Ruler. The two are built on
the same Cocoa classes, I think.

Bruno Voisin