[OS X TeX] AucTeX's TeX-doc doesn't find docs after switching to gwTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jan 5 19:14:43 EST 2007

On 1/5/07, Martin Buchmann <Martin.Buchmann at uni-jena.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after getting the binaries back to work, I have now another issue
> using
> the TeX-doc command form Emacs' AucTeX mode. Normally after pressing
> 'C-c ?' I am prompted for the name of the package which doc I want to
> read and if it is available it's shown.
>
> While the texdoc command is working from the terminal, i.e. the
> documentation exists, AucTeX isn't able to find the documentation.
>
> Anybody else has experienced this behavior and knows a cure?

I cannot write that I've experienced this, I've experienced that I
cannot select a particular "manual" documentation (there is almost
one dozen doc files called with much imagination "manual")! Texdoc at
least accepts an argument like "hyperref/manual" or "geometry/manual"
– but in AUCTeX this fails!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

For some reason, this fortune reminds everyone of Marvin Zelkowitz.