[OS X TeX] Shadows of pdf in Keynote

Peter Vamos P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Apr 4 12:12:08 EDT 2008

At 09:48 -0500 4/4/08, Chris Goedde wrote:

>On my machine, if I highlight text in the pdf in TeXShop using the
>Text tool and drag it to a slide, the shadows are applied to the
>letters in Keynote.

Indeed. Alas, any mathematical symbol will be garbled. Also, it
behaves differently than the pasted image with the selection tool:
manipulating its box will not enlarge the text, indeed it is just
text so one can set the font size etc. text could always be made to
have a shadow in Keynote so this is then expected behaviour. This is
just text copying, since it does not respect mathematics it is
useless for me.

>If I select an area using the selection tool in TeXShop and drag it
>to a slide, the bounding rectangle casts a shadow.

Exactly my point. it did not use to be like this.

>  Maybe just using the text tool instead of the selection rectangle
>is the key? It seems to me that TeXShop's behavior is desirable here.

Not for me it isn't.

Peter