[OS X TeX] IEEE pdf checker

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Apr 9 06:59:25 EDT 2008

Le 9 avr. 08 à 12:28, Bridget Kane a écrit :

> Herb's sollution got rid of most of the errors, so the solution
> worked - almost.  Just one error was returned from the IEEE pdf
> checker. That  error is
>
> "Error Acrobat version is less than 5.0"
>
> If Herb or someone can suggest how to get rid of this one, I'd
> appreciate it

Does it help to add, in TeXShop's Preferences > Engine > TeX + dvips +
distiller > LaTeX, the option

--distiller ps2pdf14

after

simpdftex latex --maxpfb

By default the distiller called by TeXShop is ps2pdf, a symlink to
ps2pdf13, returning PDF 1.3 output, which is Acrobat 4-and-later
compatible. The above option should tell TeXShop to call ps2pdf14,
returning PDF 1.4 output, which is Acrobat 5-and-later compatible.

Hope this works,

Bruno Voisin