[OS X TeX] latexit issues

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 14 08:57:56 EDT 2008

On Jun 14, 2008, at 4:58 AM, dfen2752 at mail.usyd.edu.au wrote:

> David,
>
> Sorry about that. Firstly, I'm running the latest version of Latexit
> (1.15.0), which I got from the MacTex 2007 distribution (which I'm
> also
> assuming is the latest). I'm running this on Leopard (10.5.3).
>
> Actually, no matter what environment I use, the error occurs. So
> i've tried
> typing in just text (and choosing the text environment), and the
> "unexpected error" message shows. This also happens if I type in
> equations.
>
> I'm pretty sure the Tex files (pdflatex etc.) work, because I do all
> my
> assignments in LaTeX, using the TextMate bundle. And they all compile
> properly. On a side note, I highly recommend TextMate for those of
> you who
> code regularly, as well as typeset.
>
> One thing that might be the culprit is that during the installation
> from
> the distribution, I'm not sure if I checked off all the relevant
> options.
> Do you know how I can check?
>
> I've tried going to the temporary folder that Latexit creates, and
> running
> pdflatex on the temporary file from there, and it works. But I still
> get
> an 'unexpected error' message.
>
> Regards,

Howdy,

What is in the preamble generated by LaTeXiT (LaTeXiT->Preferences-
 >Preamble)?

Also, what is the setup under LaTeXiT->Preferences->Composition-
 >Behavior? Is the pdflatex radio button set? Is the pdfLaTeX path set
to /usr/texbin/pdflatex?

You might try removing the Preference file, ~/Library/Preferences/
fr.club.ktd.LaTeXiT.plist (where ~ is your HOME directory) and restart
LaTeXiT.

No guarantees. :-)

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)