[OS X TeX] Leopard MacTeX PATH problems, still

David Airey david.airey at vanderbilt.edu
Sat Mar 22 18:48:01 EDT 2008

I posted in January about my PATH variable not being set correctly on
my Leopard OS X system, following MacTeX installation. The symptoms
are programs and scripts other than TeXShop not being able to latex
files (like TextMate, which I wanted to try). Currently the PATH
variable is:

Last login: Sat Mar 22 15:51:44 on ttys000
[AireyDC:~] dairey% echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
[AireyDC:~] dairey%

I was under the impression that after running the leopard fixes from
Dick Koch, tex should be in there somewhere. But they are not. The
appropriate files are in etc/paths.d with the same permission settings
as the help file for the leopard fix package describes, but I don't
think everything is as it should be.

I also tried installation of Basic TeX, but that did not correct the
path either.

How do I manually set my PATH variable?

Thank you.

-Dave