[OS X TeX] BibTex with MacTeX

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:49:23 EST 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 13:08 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Personal bst files should go into ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst/ while
> bib files go into ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib/.

What I did was to create a symlink in my ~/Library directory that
points ~/Library/texmf to the real repository of my personal
collection of tex-related files on my external drive, in /Volumes/
Documents/texmf. Then I can carry one set of files wherever I go and
can work off the external drive on either my MBP or my desktop
PowerMac. This gives maximum flexibility and really works well for me.

-=d

David Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM
Civil Engineer/Hydrologist
http://drdbthompson.net