[OS X TeX] BibTex with MacTeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jan 6 20:59:11 EST 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 7:49 PM, David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM
wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2009, at 13:08 , Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Personal bst files should go into ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst/ while
>> bib files go into ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib/.
>

> What I did was to create a symlink in my ~/Library directory that
> points ~/Library/texmf to the real repository of my personal
> collection of tex-related files on my external drive, in /Volumes/
> Documents/texmf. Then I can carry one set of files wherever I go and
> can work off the external drive on either my MBP or my desktop
> PowerMac. This gives maximum flexibility and really works well for me.
>
> -=d
>
> David Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM
> Civil Engineer/Hydrologist
> http://drdbthompson.net
> http://drdbthompson.net/DavidThompson.vcf.zip

Howdy,

That should work fine. There are lots of folks that believe a symlink
is the same as an Mac alias and it definitely isn't.  Hopefully you
always have your external drive mounted when you use any of these files.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)