[OS X TeX] Re: asymptote

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 29 19:28:45 EST 2009

Am 29.01.2009 um 22:59 schrieb Sylvain CHAMBON:

>> 	%%!TEX TS-program=<your asy engine's file name>
>
> it doesn't because '%' is not the caracter to comment a line with
> asymptote.

So use asymptote's comment character (// ?) as first element on that
line! (You could delete then one of the '%' characters.)

> but, my problem seems to be a bug... if i try the engine with my
> file (open from texshop, not a double-clic), it doesn't work : i
> have no typeset button. NOW, if i copy the same code into a new
> file, the typeset button  steel available (and the cmd+T as well)
> and i can manage the compilation ! i write some lines, i save the
> file, typeset button is always here. BUT i close this new file, and
> open again : ARGGGG ! no typeset button again !!! it really seems
> to be a bug no ?

I wouldn't say it's a bug, it's just an overlooked file type. Could
we can convince Richard Koch to add ASY files to the files supported
by TeXShop.

In the meantime a workaround is possible:

   • rename your ASY(s) file to <file name>.asy.tex (the asy should
remind *you* that's not a real TEX file),
   • extend your ASY engine a bit that it creates a hardlink <file
name>.asy from the given <file name>.asy.tex file on which asy is
invoked.

	#!/bin/bash
	# visit the working place
	cd "$(dirname "$1")"
	# process the job file
	bname="$(basename "$1")"		# /path/to/file/name.asy.tex -> name.asy.tex
	aname="$(basename "$bname" .tex)"	# name.asy.tex -> name.asy
	ln "$bname" "$aname"			# create hardlink of name.asy.tex as name.asy
	asy -f pdf -noprc -render=0 "$aname"
	rm "$aname"				# remove name.asy hardlink for next try

--
Greetings

   Pete

This is a signature virus.  Add me to your signature and help me to live