[OS X TeX] Query about package installation (TeX Live Utility)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Oct 3 15:56:55 EDT 2010

On Oct 3, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Rob Hunt wrote:

> On 3 Oct 2010, at 20:43, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> There seems to be a problem with the font or the map file. Disabling and then re-enabling it doesn't seem to fix things.
>
> Ah yes, I hadn't considered that option...
>
>> By the way, I hope you just meant that you want to use the adforn package and ornements not ``install'' them because they are already there in MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010.
>
> I did mean install, rather than use, as I could not find the adforn package in my (complete) MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010 installation.
>
>> Also, take a look at the fourier-orns package too. I know this one works.
>
> Thanks, I will check this one out!
>
> Rob

Howdy,

Have you done updates using TeX Live Utility? I seem to remember there were problems with the ADF fonts.

I certainly have the adforn package. Run

kpsewhich adforn.sty

in Terminal to get the path. But I still get nothing but a font substitution when I try to use it.

Oh, the fourier-orns package doesn't seem to have that ``sun'' ornament but it has others that might work for you.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)