[OS X TeX] Using LaTexIt with TeXShop

Genevieve Brown gbrownuci at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 22:55:02 EDT 2010

I'm trying to configure LaTeXIt (an add-on for Thunderbird) to work
with TeXShop.  I've installed and have been able to use TeXShop by
itself for many months, but for some reason, the Thunderbird extension
can't automatically detect it.  I looked in the tips section and saw
the message: "If running MacOS, MacTeX is probably what you're looking
for."

Has anyone else had experience using LaTeXIt + TeXShop, or else know
how to find the following information on one's machine: (1) path to
latex executable, (2) path to dvips executable and (3) path to convert
executable?  Thanks!

P. S. I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and TeXShop v. 2.14.