[OS X TeX] Using TeXShop as a markdown editor

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Aug 8 15:09:46 EDT 2011

Axel,

Keeping TeXShop Help up to date is a nightmare for localizers. About half of
the localizations just use the English Help. All the other localizations with
localized help have ultimately given up keeping it up to date.

Until version 3.03, I kept a file in the source listing all help html files
that changed in that version. If anyone would like to volunteer
to keep a help localization up to date, I'd appreciate it.

On another topic, would you like me to

	a) make ".md" one of the TeX file types that
	TeXShop recognizes, so users don't need to add it to
	the list via a hidden preference

and/or

	b) add ".md" as one of the extensions that TeXShop can
	edit so for instance you can create a new .md file within
	TeXShop?

Note that b) is not a prerequisite for a).

Dick Koch