[OS X TeX] Malayalam and other Indian languages on Mac

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Sat Jul 7 16:18:13 EDT 2012

I don't have to face using two languages at once, and I'm not sure how to handle hyphenation patterns with this minimal setup, but this is what I get with the following minimal example file.

% !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\pdfprotrudechars=2
\pdfadjustspacing=2
\newfontfeature{Microtype}{protrusion=default;expansion=default;}
\defaultfontfeatures{Microtype,Ligatures=TeX}
\setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX, BoldFont = {* Semibold},BoldItalicFont={* Semibold Italic}]{MinionPro}

\begin{document}
Wer Butter am Kopf hat, soll nicht in die Sonne gehen.

\setmainfont{MalayalamMN}
മലയാളം

\end{document}