[OS X TeX] MetaPost and TeXShop 3.36.2

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:18:20 EDT 2014

> On my former Macintosh computer I had no problem compiling MetaPost files within TeXShop, which produced a readable pdf file.
>
> With the new TeXShop version on OS10.9 I obtain a file without extension that appears an exe file in the Finder and cannot be opened with any program I have.
>
> If anybody knows the trick how to obtain the right pdf format as an output I would be very grateful.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andrea

I don’t use metapost, but I tried the file you shared. The resulting *.1 file is an eps file.
This can be easily figured out by opening this file as a text file. I dragged this to Smultron and it starts with:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0

Adding the .eps extension or the .ps extension lets the file open with Preview by double-clicking.

Luis Sequeira