[OS X TeX] LaTeX won't format emph

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 15:31:05 EST 2015

On Feb 1, 2015, at 2:28 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Sorry about that. But I see no problems with those examples? What
> was the code to produce those examples so I can figure out what I
> was (not)supposed to see?

The code is absolutely straightforward, things like the minimal
example I said earlier worked---and still does

	\documentclass[11pt]{book}
		\usepackage[usenames,dvipsnames]{xcolor}

	\begin{document}

	\colorbox{yellow}{Some Roman text}

	\colorbox{yellow}{Some Roman text}

	\colorbox{yellow}{\emph{Some Roman emphasized text}}

	\colorbox{yellow}{\textsf{Some sansserif text}}

	\textsf{\emph{Some emphasized sansserif text}}

	\textbf{Some bold text}

	\textbf{\emph{Some emphasized bold text}}

	\end{document}

Even though, upon closing .tex, the pdf is fine, I have the correct
LaTeXsample4, upon just opening the .tex file, that is _*without
typesetting*_ it, I now get LaTeXsample3: (@ Sharpe, so, in this case,
I have no console.)