[OS X TeX] Install fail

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 2 21:47:38 EDT 2015

Howdy,

The problem isn't Fink in this case. Even though the TeX file in /etc/paths.d has /Library/TeX/texbin the $PATH or $path still have /usr/texbin. This suggests that the file in /paths.d wasn't read; they were edited. My only real suggestion, if they were edited, is to edit them again and replace /usr/texbin by /Library/TeX/texbin in those files. I don't know how the system determines if the files have been edited.