[OS X TeX] Not macOS specific, but (La)TeX nonetheless: 2 math formula questions

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 10:06:17 EDT 2021

Hi Gerben

Please consider $\frac{1}{3} + \frac{1}{6} = \frac{1}{2}$.

This has three fraction bars and one equal sign. They all have, so to
speak, the same centerline.

I think TeX is trying to do something similar with your formula. If I'm
correct then you'll be able to modify my example to produce a simpler
example of your problem. And then you can think about solving that problem.
I think you've got essentially a math typography question, and not really a
TeX problem.

I hope this helps.

with best regards

Jonathan