[Textures] the final(?) word on Textures

Paul J. Campbell campbell at beloit.edu
Mon Apr 15 15:49:28 EDT 2013

Today, from widow of Barry Smith, the creator of Blue Sky Textures:

>The website for Blue Sky suffered a catastrophic crash at the servers level, and that is the reason why it has been unavailable. Unfortunately since my husband died recently neither have I had the time nor the needed strength to attend to all that is requested of me. ... After Barry died I had a page placed on the portal explaining the circumstances, and left several links to the automatic service that would have renewed the keys making absolutely certain that everyone understood that would not be any further upgrades to Textures ...

Does anyone have that info about the keys? (I could use it to bring my Textures back to life after HD crash.) The Wayback Machine did not crawl that page while it was up.

>...the person who created Textures and all of its upgrades is dead, and I have no one to help me find out answers until the original website can be restored, if ever.
>
>So perhaps your question " So will I have to (finally) transition to TeXShop?" has a self contained answer within.

Paul J. Campbell
Mathematics and Computer Science
Beloit College
700 College St.